Blog > Eat
February 14, 2023
MAPPLE ENERGY BALLS | by Hubert Cormier
Presented by :
There’s no doubt about it: everyone loves the taste of maple! You can add this all-time favourite flavour to many recipes and these healthy energy balls are a real treat. In fact, these nourishing bite-sized treats are easy to eat anywhere on the go. They are great for enjoying before a workout because on top of satisfying your sweet tooth, they give you the energy you need to finish your day!
Preparation time: 15 min
✔ 1 cup (250 ml) pitted dried dates
✔ ½ cup (125 ml) raw cashew nuts
✔ ¼ cup (60 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
✔ 2 tbsp. (30 ml) ground flaxseed
✔ 1 tsp. (5 ml) maple extract
✔ ½ cup (125 ml) puffed rice
✔ 3 tbsp. (45 ml) granulated maple sugar
1. First, soak the dates for a few minutes in very hot water. Drain.
2. Grind cashews in a food processor to a coarse powder.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor, except for the granulated maple sugar. Using your food processor’s pulse option, mix the ingredients until sticky and homogeneous.
4. Form 12 balls the size of ping-pong balls.
5. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the maple sugar into a fine powder. Roll the energy balls in the maple powder. Set aside in a cool place until serving.
Hubert's Tip 👉 How Can You Substitute Maple Sugar?
Don’t have any maple sugar on hand? No problem! Simply replace it with the same amount of brown sugar. After all, you’re more likely to have it in your pantry!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
😋 CRAVING A GOOD SNACK? DON'T PASS UP THESE RECIPES
☕ Oatmeal breakfast squares
🍪 Weight gain cookies
🍫 Healthy brownies