The COMPANY is committed to protecting the Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) it collects from its Users.
“Collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, or obtaining Personal Information in any manner and by any means, including from Third Parties.
“Consent” means voluntary agreement to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of Personal Information for the purposes identified by the COMPANY. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the User or by an authorized representative. It must be unequivocal.
“Disclosure” means the act of revealing Personal Information to a Third Party.
“Personal Information” means any information about an individual that directly or indirectly identifies the individual.
“Privacy Officer” means the person at the COMPANY who is responsible for ensuring compliance with and enforcement of this Policy.
“Third Party” means a person other than a User, the COMPANY, or an agent of the COMPANY.
“Use” means the processing, handling, and management of Personal Information by the COMPANY.
“User” means any person who uses any customer service offered by the COMPANY.
The COMPANY shall obtain the consent of the User at the time of Collection.
The COMPANY is responsible for Personal Information under its control and shall designate a Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance with the principles set out in this Policy.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for the application of this policy. Other COMPANY employees may also be designated to assist the Privacy Officer or to handle the day-to-day collection, use, disclosure, and processing of Personal Information.
The COMPANY is responsible for Personal Information in its possession or custody, including any Personal Information that has been transferred to a Third Party for processing.
The COMPANY shall ensure that it obtains the consent of the holder of parental authority or guardian when it collects personal information from a child under the age of 14.
The COMPANY has developed various guidelines and practices for the practical application of this Policy, including the following:
- • The implementation of procedures to protect personal information and ensure compliance with this Policy;
- • The implementation of procedures for receiving and handling inquiries or complaints;
• Provide information and training to employees on the protection of personal information.
3. What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect two types of information from Users of our Site:
• “Personally Identifiable Information” (such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, username, and credit card information) that can be used to locate you, contact you, or establish your identity. This information is held in your account with us.
• “Aggregate Information,” which is information about your activities on the Site or related to the services we offer (such as frequency of visits to this Site, data entered during use of the Site, most visited pages, browser type, links clicked, and IP address). This information cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you.
4. When do we collect Personal Information?
• When you pay (by credit card or direct debit) for our services or products, we ask for your name, address, and credit card information.
• Once you log into your account (Member’s Login), you have the option to edit your profile and provide Personally Identifiable Information such as your address.
• When you enter a contest or promotional offer through the Site.
• When you post comments, provide feedback, or submit suggestions through the Site.
• When you visit the Site, even if you do not log in, we collect information about your computer’s operating system (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, etc.), your IP address, your web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrom
e, etc.), the originating website, and usage data related to your activity on the Site (pages visited or shared, features used, total amount of time spent on the Site, etc.). This data is used to analyze the performance of the Site and the services.
You may decline to provide Personally Identifiable Information, but this may prevent you from having access to all the features of the Site.
5. Web browser cookies and other technologies used to collect data
In addition to the data collection described above, we use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site.
• Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Site. Web beacons are small images that are embedded in web pages. Like cookies, they are used to track activities. We may also insert web beacons into emails or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this way allows us to personalize the services we offer to our visitors, deliver targeted ads, and measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
• Information collected by Third Parties. We may allow Third Parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and advertising networks, to advertise on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect data about Users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our Site does not share any Personal Information with these Third Parties. This data allows them to deliver targeted ads and measure their effectiveness.
6. How do we use the Personal Information collected?
We collect and use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
• To personalize the User experience
○ We may use Aggregate Information to understand how Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• To improve our Site and the User experience
○ We continually strive to improve the offerings on our Site based on the data and feedback we receive from you.
○ We may use the information we collect about you to gather demographic data trends or provide you with offers and discounts, among other things.
• To improve customer service
○ The information you submit helps us respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
○ When you submit questions or comments, we may use this information to answer you.
○ By providing us with your Personal Information, you agree that we may contact you by phone, email, mail, or text message to respond to questions that you send us.
• To process transactions
○ We may use the information provided by Users at the time of placing an order only to process that order. We do not share any credit card information with Third Parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• To communicate with you and keep you informed
○ The mailing and email addresses provided by the User may be used to send information, promotional offers, and updates related to the services we offer. These addresses may also be used to respond to Users and/or other requests or questions. Upon subscription, customers agree to be added to our mailing list and to receive emails and/or mail that may include company news, updates, sales, product, or service information. If at any time the customer no longer wishes to receive emails or mail, they may unsubscribe by contacting us through our Site.
• For marketing purposes
○ We may use the information provided by the User to display targeted advertisements or content that we believe may be of interest to the User based on the information provided by the User.
○ We may provide data mining services to Third Parties who wish to better understand our Users by providing them with Aggregate Information based on the Users of the Site, such as interests and purchases made.
○ By providing us with your Personal Information, you agree that we may contact you at the phone number you provided for marketing purposes.
○ We may link your information with data you provide on our other websites, including ifit.com.
We may also use Aggregate Information, including page view data, to improve the design, content, and performance of our Site, or to analyze the use and popularity of certain pages of the Site.
7. Limit on use of personal information
The COMPANY may only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified prior to collection. The COMPANY collects personal information from the person concerned, unless the User or the law authorizes collection from a third party.
The COMPANY will take reasonable steps to ensure that the customer is informed of the purposes and means for which personal information will be used when the User gives consent.
8. Limit on use of Personal Information
We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to authorized service providers who provide services and perform functions on our behalf. In such cases, we will enter into a contract with these partners to ensure that this information is used for no other purpose.
We may disclose the information we hold when required by law, for example, in response to a court order.
We may also disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement or other public agencies if we believe that disclosure could prevent the commission of a crime.
We may disclose de-identified information to an individual or organization that wishes to use the information for study, research, or statistical purposes.
We may disclose your information to collect a debt against you.
9. How do we protect your Personal Information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices as well as security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or modification, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information, username, password, transactional information, and data stored on our Site.
The exchange of sensitive and private data between the Site and its Users is carried out through a secure communication channel and is encrypted and protected by digital signatures.
When you purchase our services, you will be asked to provide credit card and/or billing information as well as an email address. We will use the information provided in connection with a purchase made by a User to process the order and for no other purpose.
We want you to use our Site with confidence. However, no system is completely secure. Therefore, while we take all necessary steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that such Personal Information, research, or other communications will always remain secure. Users acknowledge that they provide such Personal Information at their own risk. In this regard, Users should also be careful when handling and disclosing their Personal Information and should avoid transmitting Personal Information through unsecured email. For more information on how to protect yourself from identity theft, please visit the Government of Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/rc284/protect-yourself-against-identity-theft.html
10. Third Party websites
On our Site, Users may find advertising or other content that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertising agencies, sponsors, licensors, or other Third Parties. We do not control the content or the links that appear on these sites, and we are not responsible for the practices employed by websites that link to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may change constantly. These sites and services may have their own privacy and customer service policies.
Your browsing and interaction with other sites, including sites that link to our Site, are subject to the policies and terms of those sites. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible for the privacy practices of websites which the COMPANY does not own.
11. Accuracy of and access to Personal Information
We ensure that the Personal Information we hold about a User is current and accurate when making a decision about a request.
We will update a User’s Personal Information when necessary to make a decision, to fulfil intended purposes, or to correct inaccurate Personal Information at a User’s request.
If you demonstrate in your written request that the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make the appropriate changes.
We will respond to any such request for access or modification with due diligence and within 30 days.
We will not charge a fee for access to the Personal Information we hold about you. However, a fee may be charged to reproduce, transmit, or transcribe the information.
We may refuse to disclose Personal Information if doing so threatens to cause harm to the COMPANY or a Third Party, or if it contravenes any law. In such cases, we will provide reasons for our refusal.
12. Retention of your personal information
13. Your acceptance of these terms and conditions
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed acceptance of those changes.
14. Withdrawing your consent
You may contact the Privacy Officer at the coordinates below to withdraw your consent to the disclosure and/or use of your personal information in our possession. Please note that such removal may result in our services being unavailable to you.
Any person may make a complaint by contacting the Privacy Officer.
The COMPANY shall establish a complaint handling process for the processing of personal information.
We encourage all Users to check this page often to learn about changes and how we are contributing to the protection of the Personal Information we collect. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site.
The French version of this Policy is the official version and takes precedence over the English version. In case of contradiction between French version and any other translation, the provisions of French version will prevail.
Renaud Beaudry, President
Les Entreprises Vivre en Forme (Éconofitness)
1040 Michèle-Bohec Boulevard, Suite 300
Blainville, QC J7C 5E2
450-979-3613, ext. 1