1. The subscriber declares to be in good physical condition to undertake physical training. The subscriber must consult their physician before beginning training.
2. The subscriber acknowledges that certain risks are associated with participating in these physical activities and workouts. The merchant and its representatives are not accountable for any causes of action arising from their or the users negligence.
3. The subscriber is solely responsible for their personal belongings.
4. The present membership can by no means be assigned, transferred or sold.
5. A description of each of the types of memberships, as well as the schedule for the group classes, are available at the front desk or on our website at all times.
6. Opening hours and the schedule for group classes are subject to change, in which case a notice will be posted at the gym.
7. Good inside running shoes and a towel are mandatory at all times (shoes worn outside are forbidden in the gym). Members must comply with the other politics displayed at the gym, including hygiene principles (e.g. sweating and malodorous garments), and must respect other members and employees by not disturbing or intimidating them.
8. It is forbidden to sell or consume products in the gym that have not been approved by management, or to solicit other members for anything whatsoever.
9. For group classes given by an instructor, and which are included in the Extra membership, a class is officially given if the person responsible for the gym deems that there are a sufficient number of registrations or participants for the class. In addition, class registrations are on a "first come, first served" basis.
10. Platinum, and Extra members can train at other gyms of the network (see current official list, which is subject to change without prior notice). A single member or guest of the Platinum and Platinum Extra memberships has access to the gym at a time. Guests do not have access to the Platinum Zone. Platinum and Platinum Extra members are held accountable for their guests' actions.
11. To benefit from your "freeze your rate" option, you must renew your subscription before your current contract expires. You must also keep the same type of membership. This one applies on the cost of subscription before discounts and before taxes.
12. Platinum and Extra members also have access to the gym during periods when there are no employees on site (in participating gyms only). Members understand and accept all risks associated with training when the gym is not supervised by employees. A valid membership card is required to access the gym during these periods. Members are required to follow all the rules mentioned in the Éconofitness code of conduct. Some of the services normally included in the Platinum subscription may not be available during these periods.
13. Members must present their membership card upon each visit to access the gym. If a member loses their card, they will have to pay the $4.99 fee for a new one.
14. In the event of an uncovered cheque, the fees charged by our banking institution will be charged to the member.
15. Members will receive, at the email address indicated at the back of this contract, the information which is relative to their Éconofitness record.
16. Passed the period provided by the Consumer Protection Act, if the consumer wishes to terminate their contract before it ends, they must communicate his intention in writing to the merchant by filling out the cancellation form below, which is also available in the members' zone, and sending it by registered mail or giving it to the gym's manager in person. The date the request was sent or handed in person to the merchant will be considered as the reference date. The consumer also agrees unreservedly to pay the merchant a termination fee that represents the administrative charges for contract cancellation. In addition, the consumer agrees to pay for the days elapsed between the membership date and the termination date, as well as the value of items included as part of the membership package.