Blog > Eat
October 27, 2022
HEALTHY PIZZA WITH SWEET POTATO CRUST | By Hubert Cormier
It’s comfort food season! But not all comfort food is nutritionally sound. That’s why we've come up with a healthy pizza recipe featuring a sweet potato crust.
Servings: 1 large pizza
This alternative to commercial pizzas is super delicious and includes more fiber and less fat. This pizza is sure to satisfy your post-workout hunger!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
✔ 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into pieces
✔ 150 ml (⅔ cup) rolled oats
✔ 1 egg
✔ 1 ml (¼ tsp.) garlic powder
✔ 1 ml (¼ tsp.) oregano
✔ 1 pinch of salt
✔ 5 ml (1 tsp.) olive oil
180 ml ¾
cup) light ricotta cheese
2.5 ml (½ tsp.) minced garlic
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
60 ml (¼ cup) feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup (250 ml) arugula
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
2. Process sweet potatoes and rolled oats in a food processor until finely chopped. Add egg and spices, mix. The mixture should look like a paste.
3. Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the dough into a large crust about 1 cm thick. Bake the dough for 30 minutes or until the top is dry to the touch.
4. Turn the dough over and brush the edge of the crust with oil. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes for a crispy crust.
5. Combine ricotta cheese and garlic and spread on pizza dough. Top with zucchini and feta cheese. Broil for 4 minutes or until the feta cheese is golden brown. Top with arugula and serve.
Hubert’s Tip 👉 For an extra crispy crust
Is your homemade sweet potato pizza crust not crispy enough for you? Feel free to increase the cook time to give it the texture you’re looking for. You can also finish its cook time by broiling it for a few minutes. But be careful: It’s very easy to get distracted and burn your food when using this setting on your oven!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
TRY ALSO THESE OTHER "COMFORT FOOD" RECIPES! 🥘
🍝 50% LESS MEAT BOOSTED LASAGNA
🍱 GENERAL TAO TOFU
🍜 LOW-FAT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO