Blog > Eat
May 06, 2022
LOW-FAT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | By Hubert Cormier
This version of fettuccine Alfredo is low in fat! The partly skimmed milk can be easily used as a replacement for cream. This fettuccine Alfredo is also garnished with Nordic shrimp. I love using shrimp because it is a lean protein that tastes delicious in this sauce. Serve this fettuccine Alfredo alongside a nice garden salad and you'll have a complete meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight or even to impress a date!
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
✔ 300 g (⅔ lb) fettuccine
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
✔ 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
✔ 30 ml (2 tablespoons) all purpose flour
✔ 250 ml (¼ cup) warm milk
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) warm 15% cooking cream
✔ 454 g Nordic shrimp (or any other commercial variety)
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
✔ Green onions, finely chopped
1. Cook the pasta to al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove 250 ml (1 cup) of pasta cooking water. Drain and lightly oil the pasta.
2. In the same pan, over low heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Add flour and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
3. Add milk and cream, whisking vigorously. Cook the Alfredo sauce over low heat for 10 minutes. Strain the Alfredo sauce if desired.
4. In the same pot (the one used to cook the pasta), reheat all the ingredients except for the green onions. If necessary, dilute the Alfredo sauce with the pasta cooking water. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
5. When ready to serve, divide the fettuccine Alfredo into four bowls. Garnish with green onions and fresh pepper.
HUBERT'S TIP ☝️
For this type of recipe, add the Nordic shrimp to the Alfredo sauce while still frozen. The shrimp will release their flavour into the sauce and make the dish even more delicious!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER MORE RECIPIES:
🥣 QUICK THAI SOUP
🍴 WHITE BEAN STEW
🥗 SCRUMPTIOUS GRILLED CHICKEN, CHICKPEA, AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD