Blog > Eat
May 06, 2019
YUMMY EGG WHITE OMELETTE | By Hubert Cormier
Inviting your family over for a festive brunch for Mother’s Day and want to spoil your loved ones with a delicious but healthy meal? Give this egg white omelette a try. You will be surprised! With its 20 grams of protein, this tasty recipe may become a new Sunday morning classic!
🍳 YUMMY EGG WHITE OMELETTE
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
✔ 1 small onion, finely chopped
✔ 4 green onions, chopped
✔ 1 garlic clove, minced
✔ Salt and pepper, to taste
✔ 12 egg whites
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp.) 1% milk
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) grated Gruyère cheese
✔ Non-stick cooking spray
✔ 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) Parmesan shavings
1. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, green onions, and garlic. Then cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Transfer mixture to a plate.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg whites with the milk and season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic mixture and the Gruyère cheese.
3. Lightly coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ of the egg white mixture so as to cover the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook until firm (about 1 to 2 minutes). Remove from heat and fold to form an omelette.
4. Repeat the previous step three times to use the rest of the egg mixture.
5. Garnish each omelette with tomato wedges and Parmesan shavings.
6. Serve with a potato salad. Enjoy!
''If you’d like your omelette to have the pale yellow colour of a traditional omelette, add a little turmeric to your egg mixture. Your guests won’t suspect a thing!''