TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MINORS
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions for Minors”) are part of the membership agreement (collectively known as the “Agreement”) for the person named on the personal information page who is a minor (the “Applicant”). I am the parent or legal guardian of the Applicant and, in my personal capacity as parent or legal guardian, I specifically request that Econofitness (“Econofitness”) allow the applicant to use the services and facilities operated under the business name and style of Econofitness (the “Gym”). By checking the “Terms and Conditions for Minors” box on this agreement, I agree to the terms and conditions of the agreement, including the Terms and Conditions for Minors, on behalf of myself and, as a parent or legal guardian, on behalf of the applicant. Our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns shall also be bound by this Agreement.
In exchange for Applicant’s authorization to use the Gym, I AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I am personally responsible for the applicant’s financial obligations under their respective membership contract.
2. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that I am responsible for the proper conduct of the minor in the Gym.
3. I acknowledge that there is a risk associated with participation in fitness activities and exercise. My child’s participation is entirely voluntary and by allowing my child to use the Gym, I acknowledge that I assume all risk of injury to my child and others, including any illness or medical condition. I agree on behalf of my child (and on behalf of my personal representatives, heirs, estate trustees, and assigns), to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Econofitness, and its owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and independent contractors (the “Released Persons”), from any and all claims or causes of action (whether known or unknown) that my child may have, arising from my child’s use of the Gym, including those arising from the negligence of any Released Person. I acknowledge that Econofitness is not responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of my child’s personal property.
4. Members under 18 years of age may not use the Tanning service in accordance with the law.
5. I, the undersigned, declare that I am the parent or legal guardian of the "Minor Member."
7. I understand, that as an essential condition of the Minor Member's membership, that I jointly and severally guarantee all obligations of the Minor Member with regards to Éconofitness, including the price of membership and each of its payments, the penalties for returned payments and the cancellation fees, including any administrative fees.
8. I also declare that I am jointly and severally liable for any damages that may be caused to Éconofitness, its directors, officers, employees and representatives or other members, by the Minor Member, whether on a contractual or non-contractual basis.
9. I relinquish all rights to division and discussion and the to application and protection of article 2362 of the Civil Code of Québec.
10. This guarantee is for an unlimited amount and duration. I relinquish the effects of article 2363 of the Civil Code of Québec. I agree to obtain all information about the membership from the Minor Member and, accordingly, I shall be deemed to have obtained all desired information from the Minor Member unless written notice to the contrary, requesting information, is provided to Éconofitness.