Blog > Eat
March 28, 2019
NO-BAKE PROTEIN BARS | By Hubert Cormier
After a grueling workout, the ideal snack should contain three times more carbs than protein. There is no need to turn to specialty store supplements, bars, and powders to achieve this ratio. These options are often very expensive, and generally contain too much protein. Here’s an affordable recipe for no-bake protein bars that contain the right balance of nutrients to maximize your workout results.
NO-BAKE PROTEIN BARS
Servings: 12 bars
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 20 minutes
✔ 250 ml (1 cup) rolled oats
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) flax meal (ground flax seeds) or almond flour
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) dried cranberries or raisins
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) skim milk powder
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) roasted soybeans, unsalted
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) almonds or hazelnuts, crushed
✔ 80 ml (⅓ cup) almond butter (or the nut butter of your choice)
✔ 80 ml (⅓ cup) honey
1. Line a 13" x 9" pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine oats, flax meal, cranberries, skim milk powder, soybeans and crushed almonds.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and nut butter. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
4. Pour liquid mixture into the dry mixture, and blend until smooth.
5. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
6. Refrigerate until firm (15 to 20 minutes).
7. Lift from pan using the parchment paper, and cut into 12 bars.
"These protein bars contains the right balance of nutrients to maximize your workout results."
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬