Blog > Eat
November 01, 2019
HEALTHY FRUIT ROLLS | By Hubert Cormier
If you think fruit rolls only appeal to children, think again! I came up with a super-tasty fruit (and vegetable… shh!) roll recipe that contains only 4 ingredients.
Servings: 6 rolls
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
✔ 500 ml water
✔ 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
✔ 4 peaches, peeled and diced
✔ Juice of half a lime
1. Preheat the oven to 200° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the diced carrots. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, then drain.
3. Put the diced carrots back into the pan and add the diced peaches. Cook on low heat for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
4. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
5. Pour the purée over the baking sheet and spread with the back of a spoon. The layer of purée should be as thin as possible.
6. Bake for 3 hours and let cool for 10 minutes.
7. Slice, roll up into individual portions and store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
''I like to double this recipe because the rolls just disappear into thin air at home… To do so, I use two baking trays, otherwise the thick mixture will not dehydrate quickly enough; I prefer the texture of thinner rolls.''
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬