Blog > Eat
November 28, 2018
SEASONED ROASTED LEGUMES | By Hubert Cormier
Roasted legumes are my favourite snack—or just about! First, because I love the fact that they are crunchy, which reminds me of chips. They can also be mixed with virtually any seasonings, which is why I never get tired of them! Finally, they are rich in protein and fibre, making it an ideal solution to sustain me until the next meal.
I always make a good amount because whenever I cook some, it never lasts very long—and it’s not just my fault! They do disappear at lightning speed!
SEASONED ROASTED LEGUMES
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Rest Time: 15 minutes
✔ 1,080 ml (2 cans) legumes of your choice, rinsed and drained
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
✔ Seasonings of your choice (see below for my favourite seasonings)
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Pat dry the legumes with a paper towel or clean dish towel to remove any remaining moisture, and then put them in a bowl.
3. Pour the olive oil on the legumes and mix well.
4. Place them on the trays and bake for 35 to 50 minutes (depending on your choice of legumes), or until they are crunchy.
5. Remove from the oven, add chosen seasonings, and stir well. Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy or allow to completely cool and store in an airtight container.
✔ Black beans
✔ White beans
✔ 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika + 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin + 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
✔ 10 ml (2 tsp) nutritional yeast + ½ tsp garlic powder + ½ tsp salt + 2.5 ml (½ tsp) chili powder
✔ 10 ml (2 tsp) cinnamon + 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
✔ 10 ml (2 tsp) curry + 5 ml (1 tsp) salt + a pinch of turmeric + a pinch of cayenne pepper
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp) grated Parmesan + a pinch of salt + a pinch of cayenne pepper
'' Grilled legumes can
also serve as croutons in salads,
of toppings on a soup or to be added
in a Trail Mix. ''
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬