Blog > Eat
June 23, 2021
COLD SESAME SALAD | By Hubert Cormier
This cold sesame salad is definitely a dream meal for lovers of Asian flavours. It can be prepared quickly and stored in the refrigerator for several days. With 34 grams of protein per serving (thanks to the soba noodles and tofu!), this salad is perfect for your lunchbox or for weeknight meals!
Servings: 4 to 5
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
✔ 45 ml (3 tbsp) dark soy sauce
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
✔ 45 ml (3 tbsp) mirin
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame oil
✔ 45 ml (3 tbsp) sesame seeds
✔ 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
✔ Gochujang or hot sauce, to tast
✔ 454 g block of firm tofu, diced
✔ 100 g soba noodles
✔ 500 ml (2 cups) frozen edamame, thawed
✔ 375 ml (1 ½ cups) Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
✔ ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
✔ 1 yellow pepper, diced
✔ Sesame seeds, to taste
✔ Green onion, to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sesame sauce. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, marinate the tofu in a small amount of the sesame sauce. Coat the marinated tofu lightly with cornstarch.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
4. Bake the tofu for 15 minutes. For crispier tofu, cook for 25 minutes.
5. Cook the soba noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions.
6. Gently toss all the salad components with the sesame dressing.
7. When ready to serve, garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
HUBERT'S TIP ☝️
Use a mandolin for perfectly cut cabbage. A cheese grater can also do the trick! Watch out for the liquid from the red cabbage—It stains!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER OTHER HEALTHY MEAL RECIPES:
🍳 YUMMY EGG WHITE OMELETTE
🌈 COLORFUL BUDDHA BOWL
🥗 SCRUMPTIOUS GRILLED CHICKEN, CHICKPEA, AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD