Blog > Eat
July 04, 2022
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN ICE CREAM | By Hubert Cormier
Did you know that there is a way to make your own ice cream in no time? Here's a recipe that requires only a few ingredients and will keep you cool during a summer heat wave. As a bonus, thanks to the protein powder, this protein ice cream will help you feel full longer! What could be better for the long summer days?
Preparation time: 15 min
✔ 1 L (4 cups) of ice cubes
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) coarse salt
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) 35% cream
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
✔ ½ scoop/measurement (about 18 g) of chocolate plant-based protein powder
1. Place the ice cubes and coarse salt in a large plastic bag with a seal (large Ziploc bag).
2. In a measuring cup, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour into a small plastic bag with an airtight seal (sandwich size Ziploc bag). Remove the air from the bag and close tightly.
3. Place the small bag in the large bag that contains the ice cubes, then close the bag tightly. Wrap the whole thing with a towel.
4. Shake vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
5. Remove the small bag from the large bag that contains the ice cubes and rinse it with cold water to remove any excess salt. Serve your ice cream immediately.
HUBERT'S TIP 👉 Avoid getting it everywhere!
It's not uncommon to turn the kitchen into a complete mess when cooking... not to mention all the potential spills to clean up as well! If you're going to make this ice cream with kids, it's a good idea to double up on the airtight bags for this recipe. This tip could keep you from mopping up the ice cream instead of eating it!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER OTHER SUMMER RECIPES BY HUBERT CORMIER:
🍧 FROZEN GREEK YOGURT BITES
🍌 BANANA POPS
🍓 STRAWBERRY MOUSSE