Blog > Eat
May 31, 2019
HEALTHY GUMMIES FOR RUNNERS | By Hubert Cormier
Are you a runner looking for a snack that’ll give you the energy boost you need to finish your course and replenish your electrolytes? These gummies are exactly what you need! They are a completely natural source of carbohydrates and contain sodium and potassium, two very important electrolytes during physical activity.
An electrolyte is a mineral found in the human body. Losing large quantities of electrolytes through sweat when exercising can lead to imbalances in the body. That’s why it’s important to replenish your electrolytes when you work out. These little gummies pack all you need to make sure you’re not short on these minerals. Try them as soon as possible!
HEALTHY GUMMIES FOR RUNNERS
48 gummies (if prepared with 5 ml each)
✔ 180 ml (¾ cup) peach juice
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
✔ 4 g gelatin (about ½ packet)
✔ 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) salt
1. Pour the peach juice and lemon juice into a small pot. Heat over low heat.
2. Add the honey and mix well.
3. Add the gelatin and salt, then stir until completely dissolved.
4. Pour the mixture into silicone moulds (easily found on the web or in kitchen or baking accessory stores).
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 10 minutes (make sure the gummies don’t freeze!). Remove from the refrigerator or freezer when firm.
6. Unmould the gummies.
''These gummies are a completely natural source of carbohydrates and contain sodium and potassium, two very important electrolytes during physical activity.''
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬