Blog > Eat
June 25, 2019
FROZEN GREEK YOGURT BITES | By Hubert Cormier
Here’s a refreshing recipe for frozen Greek-style yogurt bites that you can customize with your favourite fruit. Enjoy this guilt-free indulgence on hot summer days. If you’re planning on using them as a post-workout treat, I suggest eating two servings, which will provide 10 grams of protein and a bit of carbs to meet your body’s energy needs.
With a hint of lemon and mint, these bites will surely become one of your go-to summer recipes!
🍧 FROZEN GREEK YOGURT BITES
Servings: 8 bites
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freezing Time: 4 hours
✔ 2 cups (500 ml) blueberries
✔ 1½ cups (375 ml) plain, Greek-style yogurt (2% M.F.)
✔ 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
✔ 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
✔ 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
✔ 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh mint
1. Using a food processor, combine 1½ cups/375 ml of the blueberries and all the other ingredients. Blend until homogeneous.
2. Stir the rest of the blueberries into the mixture.
3. Place 8 plastic cups (⅓-cup/85-ml size) on a plate or cookie sheet and divide the yogurt mixture evenly among them. You can also use a reusable popsicle tray.
4. Place a popsicle stick in the middle of each cup and freeze for 4 hours.
5. Use scissors to cut and remove the cup. Serve and enjoy.
''If you’re planning on using them as a post-workout treat, I suggest eating two servings to meet your body’s energy needs.''