The summer season in Quebec is bursting with flavours! Strawberries are plentiful and it would be a shame not to take advantage of their abundance. Bright red and unmistakably sweet, these berries are the perfect addition to so many dishes! They are delicious in this refreshing muffin recipe. Go ahead and try it! You'll see, it tastes just like happiness!
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 25 min
✔ 2 eggs
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) vegetable oil
✔ 150 ml (⅔ cup) fortified plant-based beverage or milk
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) maple syrup
✔ 375 ml (1½ cup) all-purpose flour
✔ 250 ml (1 cup) quick oats
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
✔ 250 ml (1 cup) fresh strawberries, diced
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) white chocolate chips
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) quick oats
✔ 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped pecans
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, plant-based beverage and maple syrup.
3. In a second bowl, combine the flour, oats and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine until smooth.
4. Add the strawberries and the chocolate. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
6. Combine the granola ingredients and sprinkle the topping on the muffin batter. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
HUBERT'S TIP 👉 Discover muffin croutons
After a while, do your muffins dry out and become less appetizing? That’s the perfect time to turn them into muffin croutons! Just cut them into cubes and bake them for about 20 minutes.
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER OTHER HEALTHY DESSERTS RECIPIES BY HUBERT CORMIER :
🍫 EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
🍌 BANANA POPS
🍮 CARAMEL TOFUDDING