Blog > Eat
May 19, 2022
ROASTED EDAMAME BEANS | By Hubert Cormier
Are you dreaming of THE perfect protein snack? Roasted edamame beans are full of flavour and are divinely crisp. Our secret? Bread crumbs! With this magical ingredient, we created an ingenious snack with a texture reminiscent of potato chips and croutons! Enjoy these crispy, finger-licking good beans on their own or add them to a refreshing salad.
Preparation time: 5 min
Baking time: 30 min
✔ 250 ml (1 cup) edamame
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
✔ 1 egg
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) Italian bread crumbs
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
✔ 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) smoked paprika
✔ 1 ml (¼ tsp.) garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Using paper towels, remove any excess water from the edamame.
3. Combine the edamame with the flour and remove any excess flour.
4. Beat the egg and add it to the edamame mixture. Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oil and seasoning and combine well.
5. Spread the edamame mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Stir every 10 minutes while baking.
HUBERT'S TIP 👉 An incredible addition to salads!
These roasted edamame beans are as delicious on their own as they are on top of a fresh salad! They will definitely enhance the flavour of your dishes while adding texture. They are also a nice option and a better choice than regular commercial croutons!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER OTHER HEALTHY SNACK RECIPES BY HUBERT CORMIER:
🥕 CARROT PATTIES
🥬 ASIAN PROTEIN DIP
🍑 HEALTHY FRUIT ROLLS