Blog > Eat
September 27, 2022
MONSTER COOKIES | By Hubert Cormier
Why not take advantage of Halloween to put some creativity into your recipes? Have fun cooking these monster cookies! If you don't have matcha tea, you can easily replace it with a few drops of green food colouring. If you’re looking for the sugar eyes, try a party supply store!
Servings: 12 portions
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 10 min
✔ 750 ml (2 ½ cup) quick cooking rolled oats
✔ 125 mL (½ cup) all-purpose flour
✔ 15 ml (1 tbsp.) matcha powder
✔ 2.5 ml (2 teaspoons) baking soda
✔ 1 ml (¼ tsp.) salt
✔ 125 mL (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
✔ 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
✔ 60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
✔ 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
✔ 1 egg
✔ 1 pack of sugar eyes
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, matcha, baking sodar, and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream butter with brown sugar, oil and vanilla using an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until mixture is smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Form 12 balls of dough and place them on two baking sheets, spacing them out. Press the balls to a thickness of about 2 cm (¾ inch).
5. Cook on the middle rack for 10 minutes or until golden brown. When they come out of the oven, place the sugar eyes on the cookies.
Hubert’s tip 👉 Make your own edible eyes
This is a great activity to do with your family! To make your own edible eyes, all you'll need to do is prepare a recipe for royal icing and use a pastry bag and some food colouring. It's as simple as that!
Follow Hubert Cormier on social media 💬
DISCOVER OTHER MORE OR LESS SCARY DESSERTS 🎃
👻 SPOOKY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
🍎 APPLE CRUMBLE TO SHARE
🍫 HEALTHY BROWNIES